USR Drilling Group is the recognized industry leader in the drilling and completion of USR wells. We provide innovative solutions to increase production from marginally producing or shut in wells.
Our core competencies are USR and SR Drilling and Completion, Multi-Lateral Re-entry, Project Management, Drill Site Supervision and Well Programming and Design. We employ highly experienced drilling personnel that constantly strive to improve techniques and develop new technologies.
Combining our management and engineering expertise, along with a focus on developing advanced technologies and equipment, we have earned our reputation as the world’s foremost experts in USR drilling concepts and services.
We work closely with our clients and partners to increase production and profitability.
USR Historical Milestones
- Completed 8 wells in Illinois and Texas for PETCO Petroleum, Carbon Field Energy and Winchester Energy
- Developed more robust USR Motors and Steering Tools
- Completed 8th Well in W. Africa for Perenco Gabon in OBA, Olende and Niungo Fields
- Drilled a World Record well with a Reach to Radius Ratio of 32:1 and Longest USR lateral length of 430 m (Gabon)
- Began development of new generations of Titanium and Composite Drill Pipe
- Drilled first two wells in Indonesia for Citic Seram. Drilled 2 wells for Pertamina Java EP
- Drilled first USR well on African Continent for Perenco Gabon. Drilled 8th well for Oxy Oman, Safah Field
- Completed 7 well campaign for Oxy Oman, Safah field
- Drilled a World Record well with a Reach to Radius Ratio of 25:1
- First USR well completed with articulated and rotatable sand screen “SnakeScreen™
- Acquired TDP with two design improvements based on USRD field data input
Drilled 170 USR wells in various fields in the United States with a number of milestones:
- 2000 – First ever horizontal well drilled with air hammer
- 1999 – First ever well drilled with Titanium Drill Pipe
- 1995 – First USR well drilled Under Balanced using USRS’s low cost RSS tools